Perlo Construction oversees and constructs new buildings in nearly all commercial market segments, including tenant improvements, existing building renovations and healthcare. With continued positive growth, we are looking for talented, like-minded professionals to join our team in the eternal pursuit of excellence. Perlo offers the opportunity to build a career in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Recently, Perlo was listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
Perlo is seeking an experienced ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT. This position will be located in Portland, Oregon.
This position is responsible for supporting the Assistant Project Managers in their administrative tasks. In this position, we’ll ask you to perform the following essential duties:
- Review, execute, and return fully executed copies of subcontracts and subcontract change orders.
- Generate a closeout memo and gather, review, assemble, and distribute all closeout documents.
- Review, edit, and distribute all submittals and RFI’s.
Other job duties for this position include the following:
- Review, execute, and return fully executed copies of subcontracts and subcontract change orders; including following up with subcontractors who have outstanding items and referring any agreements returned with alterations for negotiation.
- Generate a closeout memo and gather, review, assemble, and distribute all closeout documents including following up with subcontractors for corrections or outstanding items.
- Review, edit, and distribute all submittals and RFI’s to the appropriate parties; receive and log responses; and distribute finalized information to the appropriate parties.
- Format, edit, and distribute project schedules to the project team and subcontractors, as directed.
- Run and review reports and act on outstanding items that need to be addressed including following up with subcontractors to collect outstanding items.
- Receive, log, and file test reports, inspections, and all other project related documents and correspondence.
- Review, edit, assemble, and distribute weekly meeting packets including project specific logs, schedules, and supporting documents.
- Provide daily phone backup assistance for reception and additional coverage assistance as needed in the event of vacation or illness.
- Print and distribute all large-scale project plans and specifications.
- Receive and distribute aerial photos to the Owner and project management team, as needed.
- Redline old plan sheets and incorporate new plan sheets into project plan sets.
- Box and label old project files, bag and tag old project plans, and arrange for warehouse archiving.
- Maintain punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully take direction from Lead Assistant Project Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have the following interpersonal skills:
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts verbally
- Ability to exhibit good listening and comprehension
- Ability to select and use appropriate communication methods
- Ability to vary communication style to meet different needs
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relations
- Ability to help and support co-workers
- Ability to display passion and optimism
- Ability to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Ability to display original thinking and creativity
- Ability to exhibit sound and accurate judgment
- Ability to make timely decisions
- Ability to work cooperatively in group situations
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma or GED. One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Viewpoint, and/or AIA Construction Software knowledge preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within office building, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to type or dial, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.