As one of the longest standing commercial general contractors in Oregon, Perlo Construction has established a reputation of quality, professionalism, and integrity. Building and growing in nearly every industry, Perlo offers career opportunities in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Perlo is consistently listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, achieving their coveted Lighthouse Award in 2020.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for on-brand messaging, copywriting and editing in-depth project proposals, writing content for a variety of marketing campaigns and programs content for social media, and support business development efforts. Additionally, they will provide support for general internal and external communications and public relations.
- Develops, edits and proofreads RFP/RFQ responses, proposals and other marketing collateral of a moderately complex and technical nature.
- Develops internal and external communications for ads, social media, weekly newsletter, web pages, events, promotional materials, presentations, and award submissions.
- Creates and publishes creative content across social media channels and blogs.
- Develops overall company content for internal and external communications to elevate brand awareness.
- Creates communication and marketing strategies for campaigns, proposals, events, materials and more.
- Compiles, updates and maintains accurate project descriptions and company employee resumes to be used in project proposals and other internal and external communications.
- Provides copywriting, content creation and editing support to additional departments, as needed.
- Develops and assists with awards submissions by interviewing internal and external project teams and gathering data for impactful nominations/submissions.
- Responds to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
- Conducts regular research about the industry and competitors for continued growth and ways to improve communications.
- Supports the Executive team and HR with communications and editing.
- Assists with promoting, planning, coordinating company culture events.
- Routinely monitors, prepares, and updates employee experience lists.
- Assists Marketing with company culture events, swag and administrative tasks as needed.
- Generates public relations with local media outlets, written press releases and announcements.
- Strong project and time management with attention to detail and ability and meet every deadline.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from the Marketing Coordinator.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally
- Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension
- Selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Varies communication style to meet needs
- Establishes and maintains effective relations
- Works cooperatively in group situations
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Displays passion and optimism
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Displays ability to influence key decision-makers
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Makes timely decisions
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business, or similar field preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience working in architecture, engineering, construction firm, or other professional field is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, word processing, spreadsheet software, inventory software, and database software. Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel are mandatory. Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, InCopy, and WordPress experience preferred.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists; to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within office building, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to type or dial, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.