As one of the longest standing commercial general contractors in Oregon, Perlo Construction has established a reputation of quality, professionalism, and integrity. Building and growing in nearly every industry, Perlo offers career opportunities in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Perlo is consistently listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, achieving their coveted Lighthouse Award in 2020.
The Payroll Specialist processes payroll and related expenses.
- Receives, reviews, and processes weekly timecard data.
- Reviews taxes, garnishments, and other withholdings for accuracy, union compliance, and government compliance then prepare and remit for payment.
- Prepares and submits payroll reports to union, insurance, financial, and government bodies.
- Processes weekly timecard data.
- Processes layoff checks throughout the week.
- Reviews taxes, garnishments, and other withholdings for accuracy, union compliance, and government compliance then prepare and remit for payment as needed.
- Prepares and submits payroll reports to union, insurance, financial, and government bodies and oversee any payment remittance as needed.
- Collects and retains the appropriate employee payroll paperwork including, but not limited to, W-4’s, I-9’s, union rate changes, union re-rates, garnishments, and direct deposit information.
- Maintains complete and accurate digital and physical files and records.
- Imports and initiates ACH batches.
- Prepares accounts payable subsistence spreadsheet.
- Routinely prepares unemployment, SAIF, and union reports.
- Prepares and submits local, state and federal quarterly payroll reports as needed.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all employees.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from the Controller and Director of Finance.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally
- Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension
- Selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Establishes and maintains effective relations
- Exhibits tact and consideration
- Works cooperatively in group situations
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views
- Communicates changes effectively
- Prepares and supports those affected by change
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Maintains objectivity
- Uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Able to effectively multitask
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience:
Associate degree from a two-year college or technical school or one to four years of in-house payroll experience including Union agreements.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Job requires specialized computer skills. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Viewpoint, and/or AIA Construction Software knowledge preferred.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make quick decisions and commit to a clear course of action.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type or dial, sit, stand, walk, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within office building, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.