As one of the longest standing commercial general contractors in Oregon, Perlo Construction has established a reputation of quality, professionalism, and integrity. Building and growing in nearly every industry, Perlo offers career opportunities in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Perlo is consistently listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies, achieving their coveted Lighthouse Award in 2020.
The Subcontractor Coordinator solicits proposals and pre-bid communications with subcontractors that the company contracts with for the execution of construction projects.
- Assists subcontractors in the bidding process including any questions, clarifications, adjustments, or addendums.
- Updates and maintains current and complete subcontractor profiles including contact information, certifications,
licenses, and trades.
- Distributes bid invitations to subcontractors through bidding software.
- Requests and delivers project documents for all Project Managers.
- Coordinates with Risk Management and Accounting on all Subcontractor Prequalification Applications.
- Organizes and documents proposals from subcontractors for Project Manager review.
- Tracks subcontractors for all current projects to help keep the estimating team aware of current subcontractor commitments to the company.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from the Chief Estimator.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally
- Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension
- Selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Varies communication style to meet needs
- Establishes and maintains effective relations
- Offers assistance and support to co-workers
- Works cooperatively in group situations
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Communicates changes effectively
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Able to effectively multitask
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma or GED. One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:
Must have excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills and be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents; to write routine reports and correspondence including memos, emails and other documents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, word processing, and spreadsheet software. Viewpoint, and/or AIA Construction Software knowledge preferred.
Reasoning Ability :
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to type or dial, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within office building, stoop, kneel, and crouch or crawl.