Perlo Construction oversees and constructs new buildings in nearly all commercial market segments, including tenant improvements, existing building renovations and healthcare. With continued positive growth, we are looking for talented, like-minded professionals to join our team in the eternal pursuit of excellence. Perlo offers the opportunity to build a career in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Recently, Perlo was listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
Perlo is seeking an experienced ESTIMATOR. This position will be located in Portland, Oregon, and will report to the Director of Preconstruction Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze drawings to prepare cost, material and labor estimates.
- Prepare conceptual budgets for projects of varying sizes, complexity and type.
- Lead bid preparation process and consistently meet deadlines for submission.
- Coordinate price packages with suppliers, subcontractors, owners, designers and architects, and revise pricing as needed.
- Work closely with subcontractor coordinator to maintain database of active and approved vendors and subcontractors.
- Other related tasks and duties as requested.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Construction Engineering Management, Engineering, Architecture or a closely related field.
- 5+ years professional construction experience in general commercial estimating on complex projects, including new construction and tenant improvements, of varying sizes.
- Experience in conceptual budgeting of all types of building systems including site, structural, interior systems and M/E/P.
- Ability to interact with owners, tenants and subcontractors to effectively present information and answer questions, including but not limited to presenting budgets, proposals and bids.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenges on a daily basis.
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and Outlook.