Perlo Construction oversees and constructs new buildings in nearly all commercial market segments, including tenant improvements, existing building renovations and healthcare. With continued positive growth, we are looking for talented, like-minded professionals to join our team in the eternal pursuit of excellence. Perlo offers the opportunity to build a career in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Recently, Perlo was listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
Perlo is seeking an experienced SUPERINTENDENT. This position will be located in Portland, Oregon, and will report to the Director of Preconstruction Services.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all field operations and total construction effort to ensure all projects are done well.
- Track subcontractors’ progress on the job, maintain project schedule and coordinate with various agencies for reporting and compliance with project documents and specification.
- Manage field crew including project engineers, foremen and assistant superintendent.
- Responsible for quality control.
- Effectively manage project safety and job site challenges such as weather conditions and/or emergencies.
- Coordinate on-site manpower, materials, equipment and site logistics.
- Monitor cost control and job costing, quantity reporting, forecasting and productivity.
- Other related tasks and duties as requested.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of building construction experience.
- Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with owners, tenants and subcontractors to effectively present information and answer questions.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenges on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.