Perlo Construction oversees and constructs new buildings in nearly all commercial market segments, including tenant improvements, existing building renovations and healthcare. With continued positive growth, we are looking for talented, like-minded professionals to join our team in the eternal pursuit of excellence. Perlo offers the opportunity to build a career in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Recently, Perlo was listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
A Project Manager’s job is to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner by performing the following duties.
- Oversees each project from conception to the finished structure.
- Interfaces with both construction professionals and the client on a day-to-day basis.
- Reads blueprints, structural drawings, and plan sets.
- Maintains a strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, verbiage, and equipment.
- Creates and updates the project budget.
- Estimates both construction management and self-perform work items.
- Creates and updates the project schedule.
- Reviews and negotiates with vendors, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Prepares and presents the project proposal, clarifications, alternates, and value engineering to clients and architects.
- Works with the Senior Project Manager and Executive Leadership to negotiate owner contracts.
- Reviews and processes subcontracts and subcontractor change orders.
- Reviews and processes submittals, RFI’s, change proposals, and owner change orders.
- Authors project meeting minutes.
- Conducts onsite meetings with the client, architect, subcontractors, and construction crew.
- Collaborates with the architect, subcontractors, and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project.
- Identifies and responds to potential issues throughout the life of the project to minimize the potential negative impacts and help ensure the safety of the work.
- Prepares and submits project billings to clients.
- Reviews and approves vendor and subcontractor payments.
- Prepares and submits cost projections.
- Supports the quality control and punch list process.
- Assists in marketing and business development efforts.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from the Senior Project Manager and Vice President of Construction.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally
- Expresses ideas and thoughts in written form
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension
- Selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Writes clearly and informatively
- Able to effectively multitask
- Displays passion and optimism
- Inspires respect and trust
- Confronts difficult situations
- Uses negotiation skills to resolve conflicts
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Varies communication style to meet needs
- Establishes and maintains effective relations
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Exhibits tact and consideration
- Works cooperatively in group situations
- Works actively to resolve conflicts
- Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Communicates changes effectively
- Prepares and supports those affected by change
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Cost management
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Displays ability to influence key decision-makers
- Uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
- Ability to work independently
Directly supervises project engineers in the Construction Services Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience:
3 to 5 year(s) related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
Must have excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills and be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents; to write routine reports and correspondence including memos, emails and other documents. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with, and persuade customers and other stakeholders, by e-mail, telephone and contract craftsmanship.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Project; and Bluebeam. Viewpoint and/or AIA Construction Software knowledge preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to make quick decisions and commit to a clear course of action.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within office building, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to type or dial, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. This position requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including salary, bonus, medical/dental/vision, vacation/sick/pay and retirement. Perlo is an equal opportunity employer. Inquiries with be handled confidentially.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Be sure to select the job you’re applying for in the form.