Perlo Construction oversees and constructs new buildings in nearly all commercial market segments, including tenant improvements, existing building renovations and healthcare. With continued positive growth, we are looking for talented, like-minded professionals to join our team in the eternal pursuit of excellence. Perlo offers the opportunity to build a career in a supportive culture empowering self-starters who thrive in a fun and fast-paced environment. Recently, Perlo was listed as a Top Workplace by the Oregonian, one of the 100 Best Companies to work for in Oregon as well as one of Oregon’s 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies.
The Project Superintendent coordinates all on-site construction activities required to successfully complete the project safely, on schedule, within budget, and to the highest level of quality. This includes supervising all trade and field personnel.
- Promotes and enforces craft and subcontractor’s compliance with project safety program requirements; documents and ensures corrective measures are implemented and rectifies jobsite hazards immediately.
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to plans and specifications.
- Mentors and coaches foreman and other site leads as it relates to company policies and procedures and work requirements.
- Conducts and directs project safety meetings.
- Supervises foremen assigned to area of responsibility and provides liaison between field engineering, estimating, and crafts to ensure compliance of construction with drawings and specifications.
- Plans, directs, and supervises crews and subcontractors on a daily basis. Activities include planning, organizing, directing, and controlling methods of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, work schedule and reviewing documentations.
- Inspects work areas to determine type of work required and materials and equipment to be used. May coordinate with foreman to insure constant flow of materials.
- Ensures that workers are supplied with tools, materials, and equipment for completion of project.
- Supervises jobsite setup.
- Identify and respond to quality assurance issues throughout the life of the project.
- Maintains liaison with other departments (i.e., Project Management, Risk Management, Accounting, Estimating) and directly reports to Project Manager to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedules.
- Ensures workers for each task are fully qualified to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains construction schedule including identifying schedule constraints and resolving the constraints.
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Ability to read and understands the project plans, submittals, and specifications.
- Reviews and markups submittals and shop drawings.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares and presents project look-ahead schedule to client and architect.
- Collaborates with the architect, subcontractors and construction crew to ensure feasibility of each project.
- Identifies and responds to potential issues throughout the life of the project to minimize potential negative impacts and help ensure the safety of the works.
- Facilitates quality assurance coordination meetings.
- Implements, monitors, benchmarks, and enforces standards of production for self-performed work to ensure field personal are operating efficiently and effectively.
- Prepares, schedules, and supervises completion of a final punch list.
- Reports any applicable status and project updates, including delays and cost exposure back, to the Project Manager.
- Maintains an organized job site, including the construction office.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
- Respectfully takes direction from Project Manager and General Superintendent.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally
- Exhibits good listening and comprehension
- Selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Varies communication style to meet needs
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Establishes and maintains effective relations
- Exhibits tact and consideration
- Works cooperatively in group situations
- Works actively to resolve conflicts
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit
- Builds morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
- Communicates changes effectively
- Prepares and supports those affected by change
- Builds commitment and overcomes resistance
- Exhibits confidence in self and others
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Displays passion and optimism
- Inspires respect and trust
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates
- Confronts difficult situations
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Displays ability to influence key decision-makers
- Uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals
- Displays original thinking and creativity
- Displays willingness to make decisions
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
- Makes timely decisions
Directly supervises employees in the field department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma and five to eight years related experience in general commercial construction and tenant improvements, of varying sizes.
Certificates, Licenses and/or Registrations:
Certifications as required by the Company Safety program.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, co-workers, and government officials.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, word processing, and communicate by e-mail.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within office building, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to type or dial, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including salary, bonus, medical/dental/vision, vacation/sick/pay and retirement. Perlo is an equal opportunity employer. Inquiries with be handled confidentially.
To apply, please fill out the form below. Be sure to select the job you’re applying for in the form.